What information we collect about you
Information you provide. We may collect your first and last name, email, street address, state, zip code, age, gender, demographic information, preferences, or other information you voluntarily send to us through the Site or through communications with us, including when you:
- Create an account
- Register for a service
- Subscribe to a mailing list
- Join a rewards program
- Enter into a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion/offer
- Request a rebate
- Order a product
- Comment on a social media post
- Fill out a hard copy form
- Contact us for any reason
Information gathered automatically. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect information directly or through our third-party analytics providers. That information may include:
- Your IP address
- Your device identifier
- Your internet service provider’s name
- Browser type and language
- Operating system
- Session identification number
- Search terms, search results
- Online browsing data or “clickstream data” (e.g., date and time of access to the Site, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website)
We (and third parties acting on our behalf) may collect this information directly from your browser interacting with our Site. We may also collect it through cookies and similar technologies, which typically work by placing a small file (like a text file or graphic) on your browser, and the file is used to identify your device and to collect information. In this Privacy Statement, we use the term “cookies” in general to refer to these technologies. Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are necessary for our Site to operate properly and enable you to use its features.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our Site and are used to improve and personalize future web experiences and deliver content more relevant to your interests. Our promotional communications may include these cookies to measure performance and deliver more relevant offers/content based on preferences.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make and provide more personal features as well as services you have asked for. The information collected may be anonymized and is not used to track your browsing activities on other websites.
Interest-based advertising and AdChoices. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/. In the case of third-party cookies for interest-based advertising, you can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ for web properties or at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices for mobile apps.
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. Instead, we collect, use, and share information as described in this Privacy Statement regardless of a “do not track” choice.
Location-based information. When you access the Site, we may collect information related to your location through your device’s GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or IP address. Your device may provide ways to prevent sharing your location, like disabling location-based services or turning off your GPS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth. If you disable any location-based services on your device, you may not be able to use certain features of the Site.
Information from social media and other sources. We may collect information about you from other sources such as our affiliates, public and third-party databases, and other third parties. For example, if you elect to participate in analytics, communications, or marketing programs, including those offered or run by third parties, we may enhance your information by obtaining or merging that information with technical, cookie, or other data we collect or that we receive from third parties.
We may collect information when you interact with us through social media. And if you link our Site with a social media account, then we may collect certain information related to that account. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from your linked social-media account by adjusting the privacy settings for that account.
We also use a third-party social-listening platform that compiles publicly accessible content on the internet in order to create aggregate reports that allow us to better understand our brand categories and more effectively market our products. This publicly accessible content may include personal data, such as your name or username in connection with a social media profile. To the extent we obtain any such information, we will maintain it in accordance with this Privacy Statement, and use it only for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.